1 humid dish cloth
2 dry cloths
> 1 for the grill
> 1 to clean the porta-filter
- Purge The steam wand
- Fill A stainless steel pitcher approximately half-way with cold milk according to the size of pitcher used and the drinks to be made (cappuccino, latte...)
- Place the wand in the center of the pitcher, just under the surface of the milk
- Open the steam valve to the maximum position. Then lower the pitcher slowly in order to maintain the nozzle just under the surface (stretching phase)
- Create when the milk is no longer cold, tilt the pitcher and place the wand deeper in a diagonal position towards the side wall. This creates a swirling motion (texturing phase)
- Clean after turning off the steam, purge again and clean the steam wand
- Swirling effect will mix the the froth with the hot milk (texturing)
- Constantly verify the temperature by touching the side of the pitcher. If you are unable to keep your hand more than 3 seconds without burning yourself, this means that the milk is hot enough! More than 3 seconds, milk is not yet hot enough.
- Purge the steam wand before and after preparation of the frothed milk. This will avoid any accumulated water and any remaining milk inside the steam wand.
- If you are making more than one milk-based drink, you will need a second pitcher to divide the foam.